IT services aren’t usually a priority for start-up businesses, but it’s still an essential part that keeps the company afloat and competitive. Having an in-house IT team requires a big budget that growing businesses might not afford, which is why their next best option is to hire managed IT services.
So how much do managed IT services cost in New Jersey? Managed service providers (MSPs) from New Jersey usually have a flat rate of about $35 to $65 per user. The exact costs depend on the type of IT solution needed, such as fixes, network support, or network monitoring. It’s better to consult an IT services provider to get a proper estimate of the IT costs the company needs.
Managed IT Services Cost in NJ Depending on Different Types
According to the study by Mordor Intelligence, the managed services industry was valued at $152.05 billion in 2020. This is only expected to double by 2026 because of the sudden increase in the demand for MSPs services to help businesses operate using cloud-based solutions and remote working models.
Businesses in New Jersey that require the help of IT experts for their issues may expect a flat rate of about $35 to $65. The exact cost depends on what the company needs, which is why it’s important to familiarize yourself with the basics of IT services first. Here are some of the most common types of managed IT services that businesses hire MSPs for:
This kind of service is straightforward – if something doesn’t work, call an IT team and have them fix the problem. The exact cost depends on the specific type of issue because each of them might need a different expertise to properly come up with the best solution. This isn’t usually considered “managed” IT services, but some MSPs might still offer this to their client.
Calling an IT team whenever something needs to be fixed might seem like an ideal solution for small business owners. However, the cost of fixes might be difficult to predict every time. Constant IT support and monitoring help minimize the occurrence of breaks and problems, which saves the company a lot of money in the long run.
This is a basic type of managed IT service that focuses on assessing the condition and functionality of the different network components. When the IT team sees an issue or threat, they create a report and alert the technicians about the possible or existing problem. Network monitoring is about warning the company about the potential concern before it gets bigger and causes more damage to the business.
It’s important to remember that the cost of network monitoring doesn’t include issue resolution. The IT services provider only alerts the company about what’s wrong – it’s up to the team to fix it by themselves or hire someone else to do it. The MSP provider may solve the problem, but they charge extra costs.
Network Support and Monitoring
Most of the time, MSPs only offer standalone network monitoring services to big enterprises that have their own IT teams who respond to the issue anytime. If the company doesn’t have an internal team to deal with different IT issues, it’s better to hire MSPs for their network monitoring and support services.
Having both network support and monitoring from the same provider gives business owners peace of mind, not having to worry about possibly going bankrupt just to fix anything that suddenly breaks within their system.
When a company hires a team for network monitoring and technical support, they only have to pay a fixed monthly rate. It doesn’t matter if there are IT issues every day since the MSP was paid to take care of it. Most MSPs have two different cost calculations for their services:
- Cost per user – The company is charged depending on the number of employees connected to the network.
- Cost per device – The company is charged for every device covered in the network. The MSP might also include additional charges for other necessary devices like routers and access points, so always make sure to ask the coverage of their pricing before hiring them.
Aside from their cost calculation, it’s also important to ask the MSP about the level of support their services cover. Cheaper rates usually include remote support for common concerns, but companies may also pay and request for the following:
- Project work
- App support
- Remote and onsite support
- Regular hardware updates
- Business continuity
- Dedicated technology manager
What to Consider Before Choosing a Type of Managed IT Services
The type of Managed IT services that a business needs depend on their specific conditions and situations. Some companies only need the occasional break and fix temporary solutions, while others might require constant support from a trained IT team. Before deciding on which type of service is the right one for the business, ask yourself first:
- What Kind of Support is Needed? Different businesses encounter different IT challenges. Evaluate first how much help is currently needed then try to picture it in the long run. It always helps to have a team that does everything whenever an issue shows up.
- Does the Company Have an In-House IT Team? Companies with in-house IT teams don’t really need technical support, but it would greatly help them if there’s another team that continuously monitors the network.
- How Much Growth is the Company Expecting? A flexible IT team that adjusts to the company’s growth makes the expansion and transition smoother and easier. They help minimize downtimes and prevent issues from getting bigger.
- Do You Need IT Planning or Strategy? IT strategies are crucial for businesses that heavily rely on information technology. Having a skilled MSP partner helps companies build a strategy and implement it flawlessly.
Affordable and High-Quality Managed IT Services by Abacus
Abacus is a trusted team of IT experts, engineers, and support personnel helping all kinds of businesses with their IT concerns since 2001. We offer affordable and comprehensive IT solutions for startup businesses and big enterprises to help them prevent cyberattacks, protect their sensitive data, boost team productivity, and streamline IT operations.
From breaks and fixes to an all-in-one IT support, you can trust Abacus to bring the best customized IT solutions for the business. Reach out to us today by calling (856) 505 – 6860 to book a consultation.
Comments are closed.